When: Monday 24 March 2003
Champagne Reception 6.30pm Auction 8pm
Where: Christie’s, 8 King Street, St James’s, London SW1
Tracey Emin, James Gooding, Marie Helvin, Maria and Candida Balfour, Lisa B, Anton Bilton, David Collins, Richard James, Matthew Freud, Elisabeth Murdoch and Kirsty Young are among guests expected to attend tonight’s fantastic Lighthouse Gala Auction. The Auction takes place at Christie’s wonderful auction rooms on Kings Street, St. James’s and is now in its sixth year. The event has become a fixture in the social calendars of London’s most fashionable set and raises much-needed funds for Lighthouse, London’s leading HIV charity.
As usual there will be a fantastic array of luxury items, bespoke packages and ‘money can’t buy’ experiences on offer. Auction lots this year include
- A walk on part in the TV show ‘Frasier’.
- Pole dancing lessons at one of London’s top clubs
- A day with Tracey Emin, including champagne lunch and visit to her studio.
- Your face on a special, one-off cover of Harpers & Queen.
- A bespoke story written for you by Will Self.
- A one-off hat by Philip Treacy with an original David Bailey photograph.
- A private dinner at home catered for by Mark Hix of Le Caprice.
Auctioneer and Deputy Chair of Christie’s, Jussi Pylkkanen will be aided on the night by some very spirited models including organising committee member Maria Balfour, the lovely Lisa B and the magnificent Fantasy Boys.