Access to and the use of The Gay Directory and other networked sites both within the UK and internationally is provided by The Gay Directory on the following terms:
- By using The Gay Directory you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of The Gay Directory. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to The Gay Directory.
- The Gay Directory may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of The Gay Directory will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the The Gay Directory site (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
- You agree to use The Gay Directory only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of The Gay Directory. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within The Gay Directory.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use The Gay Directory content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any The Gay Directory content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of The Gay Directory content requires the prior written permission of The Gay Directory.
- The names, images and logos identifying The Gay Directory or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Gay Directory and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of The Gay Directory or any other third party.
Contributions to The Gay Directory
- The Gay Directory does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “content”) that you post on or through The Gay Directory or other networked sites. After posting your content to The Gay Directory, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your content, subject to the limited license herein. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any content on or through The Gay Directory or other networked sites, you hereby grant to The Gay Directory a limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such content solely on or through The Gay Directory services, including without limitation distributing part or all of The Gay Directory in any media formats and through any media channels and you hereby waive all so-called moral rights you may have in the content. This limited license does not grant The Gay Directory the right to sell or otherwise distribute your content outside of the The Gay Directory services.
- The license you grant to The Gay Directory is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your content to anyone else in addition to The Gay Directory), irrevocable (meaning you are not able to revoke this licence), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that The Gay Directory is not required to pay you for the use on The Gay Directory services of the content that you post), sub-licensable (so that The Gay Directory is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the The Gay Directory services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the The Gay Directory services are global in reach).
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the The Gay Directory services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set above, and (ii) the posting of your content on or through the The Gay Directory services does not violate any applicable laws, including but not limited to the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of any content posted by you on or through the The Gay Directory services.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with The Gay Directory.
- If you do not want to grant The Gay Directory the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with The Gay Directory.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The majority of content posted on the The Gay Directory site is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of The Gay Directory. The Gay Directory are not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the The Gay Directory site or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the The Gay Directory site. Any links to third party websites from the The Gay Directory site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by The Gay Directory and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- The Gay Directory content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to The Gay Directory, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, The Gay Directory excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The Gay Directory does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by The Gay Directory is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of The Gay Directory for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes The Gay Directory’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, The Gay Directory shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b ) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c ) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of The Gay Directory site regardless of the form of action.
- The Gay Directory does not warrant that functions available on The Gay Directory site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that The Gay Directory or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of The Gay Directory to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive the The Gay Directory right to enforce that right.