Website Category: Health Websites
I am a five minutes walk from Balham underground/main line station and provide a secure, welcoming and confidential space in which you can be understood and valued, and where you can begin to find your own way towards how you want to be.
Counselling is a journey of self-discovery, a space in which you can work through your issues and find the answers. In turn, I hope this empowers you and gives you an insight into how you can help yourself in the future. I will help you to explore and reflect upon your challenges whilst offering an independent, non-judgemental perspective. I have worked with a wide range of presenting issues including:
- anger management
- bereavement and loss
- childhood related issues
- emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- family problems
- HIV related issues
- intimacy issues
- low self-esteem and low self-confidence
- relationship conflicts
- self harm
- work related issues
As a BACP accredited counsellor, I provide evidence-based therapy to individuals and couples on a short-term/long-term basis and adhere to their Ethical Framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy. I also provide counselling to counsellors in training and counselling supervision.
My approach is integrative allowing me to combine different techniques which are tailored to meet your needs. Appointments are available during the daytime, evening or at weekends. Timetabling of sessions is flexible to fit in with your schedule. Telephone counselling is also available.
I have a successful track record in helping people overcome their challenges and offer a free initial consultation so that you can get a sense of how it might be for us to work together.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- BA Hons Counselling (First Class)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills/Studies
- Couples Counselling training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) training
- Neuro-Linguisitic Programming (NLP) training (including coaching)
- Trauma and Crisis training including Trauma Incident Reduction (TIR) techniques
- Intercultural training
- Sexual Diversity training
- Diploma Counselling Supervision
I have worked with a number of organisations both pre and post qualifying. These include Balham Community Counselling Service, the Bereavement Service, the Cara Trust and Victim Support. I continue to work with the Cara Trust as their Lead Counsellor and as a Counselling Supervisor.